Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Western-y



Top and Skirt: Thrifted Tights & Belt: Target  Boots: Gifted Necklace: Stella and Dot (gifted)


          As much as I love this skirt I haven't worn it as much as I'd like.  I got it at the end of August last year and when I figured out a good outfit for it (posted here) I just repeated it until temperatures turned colder. I hadn't bothered to really think up any new outfits for the skirt until I thrifted this shirt and was thinking of different things I could pair it with.  Anyway I really like this outfit, if you couldn't tell. I've figured out that the more I like an outfit the more pictures I add to a post. Anyway this is also the first time I've worn my stella and dot necklace. I'm not really sure why I haven't worn it more, but you'll definitely be seeing it more in the future.  I was hoping to wear this outfit sans tights, but the weather here is still a bit dreary. It rained most of the past week and temps have varied from mild to downright cold. I decided I didn't want to wait any longer and threw on the tights. 
            I wore this last Friday to go to an estate sale and attend possibly the most awkward Mary Kay Party ever. The estate sale had a lot of cool mid century chairs, but by the time I got there they were all gone. I did get the cool 50's snack set and a small Pyrex bowl I mentioned in the previous post. The one thing that can kind of suck about Estate sales is that if you see something cool, unless you get up at the crack of dawn and get in line early, it'll probably be gone by the time you get there. Antique dealers and people who make a living re-selling items are quick to wake up early and get some of the most desirable pieces. Since I don't have my own place, only have limited space, have limited funds and am not a morning person I generally don't get up and wait in line at estate sales. I have gotten up earlier for an estate sale but it was the second day (50% off day) and we had been there the day before and knew the items we wanted would still be there the next day for cheaper. I suppose if I really saw something I couldn't live without I may get up early to go to a sale but for now I sleep in and wait and see what's left. If what I wanted is gone it's OK, it saves me some money. 

1 comment:

  1. love the star print, the skirt will look great with a strappy top and sandals in the summer too.

    ReplyDelete