Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Thrift/Estate Sale Haul

       One of my New Years resolutions was to read more, I'm even trying to do the 50/365 challenge this year (read 50 books by the end of the year) so I've been going to the library a lot more recently. Since I've been going out randomly during the week to return or pick up books from the library, I decided to visit some thrift stores while I'm out and about. I don't expect to buy things and mostly just browse to see if I can find anything cool during the week. I haven't really found anything amazing yet but I have found a few good things. I did though find a semi-cool mid century side board but it seemed cheap-ish so I passed on it and then I saw it on a local vintage re-seller's facebook page. I'm not sure if I regret it. It did seem cheapish, it didn't have a lot of storage, but it was kind of cool. I dunno next time I find some cool furniture I'll definitely be thinking about it more. Anyway here are some of the things I've found in the last few weeks from thrift stores and estate sales.

      One of the pretty sweet things I found recently was this Green Wheat Pyrex dish. Though I didn't find the cradle or lid it originally came with, It's probably my favorite Pyrex find so far. It's a little scratched and isn't exactly mint, but it's so pretty! Now I just have to find the lid and cradle it originally came with.


           
            I also found some cute vintage shoes! I don't have any qualms about buying shoes from a thrift store, I'm not much of a germ-a-phoebe and as long as they're in good shape I'm willing to buy. The only problem is there seems to be a lot fewer shoes at thrift stores in my size. So far I've only found two pairs of shoes (these included) at a thrift store. This can be kind of annoying since I've found some designer shoes, mostly Salvatore Feragamo, in thrift stores but they've all been too big. Anyway I found these nude (vinatge?) pointy toe shoes a couple weeks ago and kind of love them. The pointy toe classic pumps have been all over the runways of late, and I really like the way they look. They have a nice classic silhouette and the heel isn't too high so I can wear them more often.
  

       I've also found some good things at Estate sales. I had seen this snack set at another estate sale a couple months ago but it was gone when I got there. So, when I saw that this snack set was still available at a recent estate sale I had to get it. I like the cool retro floral design on it. I think the "flowers" kind of look like a certain weed though, which is fitting since I bought it on 4/20.




At the same estate sale I found this Early American small Pyrex mixing bowl.


That's all for now. Until next time, Happy Thrifts!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment