Wednesday, January 29, 2014

These are a few of my favorite things (this week)

1. Lena Dunham in pink and Emerald Green.




images via google

I  saw this picture while browsing a copy of British Vogue and fell in love. Lena looks amazing and I instantly fell in love with the color combo of emerald green and that bold pink. Needless to say I'm searching high and low for clothing and accessories in those colors. There will definitely be a outfit inspired by Lena's in the future.


2. Pastels



Atlantic-Pacific

The Daileigh

source

And I Get Dressed
* All images found via pinterest unless otherwise noted


I'm not generally a big fan of pastels but recently I've found myself gravitating toward them. Perhaps it's all the cold grey winter weather and the fact that pastels seem to emanate spring, Easter, and the onslaught of warmer weather. After seeing a million bloggers and their pastel pink coats I have to admit I've caught the pastel fever. But I'm not just gravitating to pastel pink, I'm loving every color in a pastel. I think I like them best paired with neutrals or louder/bold colors especially electric/ neon colors and jewel tones. I don't have very many pastels in my wardrobe but I'm definitely thinking of adding a few.



3. Kimye style






            *all images found via google

I never thought Kim Kardashian dressed badly, but since she's been with Kanye I've been seriously drooling over some of her outfits. I like that they're kind of downtown cool and effortless yet classy and chic. I'm really drawn to some of her monochromatic looks and her use of neutrals. I'll definitely be pulling inspiration from these looks as well for future outfit posts.



4. Cat's guide to Taking Care of your human



I know it's a commercial but it's pretty hilarious. 

1 comment: