Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Top 5 Random Videos I obsessively watch on YouTube

1.  Apartment Tours









I'm nosy, especially when it comes to home decor. There's a reason I love apartment therapy and that HGTV is the background sound to my home life, I love to see how people style their spaces. So it wasn't long until I randomly discovered apartment/home tours on YouTube.  I'll admit many of the apartments rely heavily on IKEA for decor, but everyone has different taste so it can be fun to see how people style those pieces. There are some that are more unique, like the ones above, which are always nice to find. But I've seriously found myself watching apartment tours on repeat for way longer than I should.                              


2. Thrift Hauls






I enjoy looking at what people find at thrift stores/ flea markets. Watching thrift hauls really gets my thrifting mojo going and fulfills that thrill for times when I'm not in the mood to thrift or can't for whatever reason.


3. Lookbooks








Lookbooks are fun simply to see the outfits people put together, but it's also a good place to find some outfit inspiration. There have been times when I'm unsure how to style an item and have turned to lookbooks for inspiration, they can be very helpful.

4. Thrift / Flea Market shopping videos










These videos are even better than thrift hauls as the people take you with them to thrift stores/ flea markets. It's fun to see what other people are looking for at the thrifts. I follow some YouTubers that do these videos that search for things I know little or nothing about and don't collect, but it's still fun to learn about what they're into and see what they find. For example Pat from Pat the NES Punk searches for retro video games and toys at Flea Markets around his San Diego home and Lazy Game Reviews thrifts for vintage video games, PC games, old computers, computer accessories, as well as other vintage electronics. Will I collect these things? prolly not, but it's fun to learn more about them and get a secondhand thrift high.

5. Daily/ weekly Vlogs










I love a good reality show and Vlogs are basically self-made reality shows, with slightly less drama. For some reason even mundane things like grocery shopping or what the person is watching on TV can be interesting in a vlog. I think vlogs can satisfy that voyeur side we all have.

No comments:

Post a Comment