Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Halloween Costume Ideas

           I didn't really have any plans to do anything for Halloween this year, maybe sit home watch a scary movie and hand out candy. But I got invited to a couple Halloween parties this weekend so it's looking more and more likely that I'll be going to at least one. Of course that also means I need a costume. I have a few costume ideas and some pieces in my wardrobe that I could fashion into some sort of costume. Although I have a good amount of items for a costume already in my wardrobe I plan to make a thrift trip anyway to see if I can find a piece for an even better costume or to add to the two I'm already considering. Assuming I don't find anything mind blowing at the thrift store, here are some mood boards of the two biggest contenders for costumes that I could fashion out of things already in my wardrobe.

1. Rhoda Fabulous :

Rhoda Fabulous



           I recently picked up a 70's maxi dress at goodwill that came with a matching scarf. When trying to figure out a good way to style it for a costume I thought of Rhoda, you know Mary's bff from the Mary Tyler Moore Show. Rhoda was super funky and loved a good headscarf. Apparently headscarves were big in the 70's.  For this look I'd utilize the maxi dress and matching scarf I already own, add a funky large gold necklace or large gold hoop earrings, and large 70's style Jackie-O sunglasses. After pinteresting a bunch of 70's maxi dresses and Rhoda inspired looks this one is definitely the front runner for my costume.

2. Diana Ross

Diana Ross


       When I say Diana Ross I'm thinking more 70's Diana, post supremes. Ms. Ross is fabulous point blank period and a Diana Ross costume goes seamlessly with natural hair. A Good wrap dress, maybe a jumpsuit, sexy mini dress, or a long but sexy maxi style dress/ gown all work for this look. Add some long elbow length gloves,  a fabulous feather boa, Ms.Ross's trademark curls and a some divalicious makeup with a red lip and boom, instant Diana.

No comments:

Post a Comment