Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Crop it to me Capin'





Top: ASOS Skirt: Ebay (American Apparel) Sandals: DV by Dolce Vita Bracelet: Nasty Gal
 
        I wore this outfit to the opening of my best friends first solo art show. If you're in the twin cities you can check out the show until August 7th at the Uptown Smitten Kitten. If you want to check out her art but don't live in Minnesota you can go to her blog (just an FYI some of her art is NSFW) and/or check out her facebook page.
          I've been wanting to try crop tops recently. I'm not gonna lie I was a little afraid of them at first, flashbacks to  middle school and the strong body image issues I had back then when crop tops/ tube tops grazed the midriffs of Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera ran rampant in my mind. But after seeing so many bloggers of all sizes rocking them I decided to give them a try, and I have to say I kinda like them.  I got this one and a matching white one from ASOS for pretty cheap to wear with high waisted bottoms etc. Turns out they were just what I needed to re-invigorate my maxi skirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment