I hit puberty pretty early, my hormones got going and I went from zero to sixty real fast. I wasn't exactly thrilled with my new (ahem) growing assets. I was never that girl the dreamed of having boobs, they just came. I didn't go so far as Christina Ricci in Now and Then and literally tape down my breasts, but when I watched the movie I seriously considered it.
Needless to say I've been through my share of "Bra-Blems." Slipping strap? yep. Quad-Boob? been there, done that, still have nightmares. Cup gaping? oh yeah. Most recently I suffered though the dreaded digging in strap. It was so bad one day it felt like my bra strap was literally cutting into my circulation. Here are a few things I've learned on my Bra journey:
- Get fitted. Most women are wearing the wrong size bra and you'll be amazed at what the right size bra will do for you.
- If you have a little spillage on one or both breasts (Quad-boob or Tri-boob) a full coverage bra or going up a cup size may help.
- If your strap is digging into you it may be due to a worn out bra or the need to go down a band size.
- If you want your bra to last hand wash it. Yes it's a pain, but it's worth it if you love the bra.
- You get what you pay for (usually). Cheap bras are fine but I've found they generally wear out faster than better quality bras.
- Find a place that can actually fit you. Some places only offer bras up to a certain size, don't be deterred by these places. If you have big boobs go to a store that stocks your size, a good fiting bra is worth it.
- If you've lost or gained weight you may want to get resized. Weight fluctuates for a variety of reasons and that can seriously impact your bra size. So, if you've gained or lost weight recently it may be time to get resized to make sure you're getting the support you need.
- Lace bras are cute but impractical. I love a lace bra but I've found they're generally better as a special occasion bras vs. everyday. If you wear anything tight over them you're gonna see the pattern of the lace through whatever you're wearing.
- A nude colored bra is best under white. You may think a white bra would be better under a white shirt but actually a bra that matches your skin tone won't show up under white.
Despite all that experience I can count on one hand the number of truly comfortable bras I've owned. Thus, like many women I know, once I get home my bra is one of the first things to come off.
But like it or not Bras are an important part of every women's wardrobe. Those ladies need support! And a great fitting bra is an asset every woman should have. There is definite magic in a well fitting comfortable bra. But, for such an important foundation garment it's funny how little we actually know about bras and how to fix all our "Bra-blems."
Thankfully Third Love has come to the rescue! Third Love has worked tirelessly to revolutionize the search for the perfect fitting bra. They understand all breasts aren't the same and bras should fit you and your unique shape. They've put together a few tips to help you fight those common "Bra-Blems."
So if you're in need of a new bra or just want a more comfortable fit click on over to Third Love and try out their fit finder for yourself. If you find a bra you like they're also offering 15% off with the promo code BRABLEMS. Go get yourself a comfortable and cute Third Love bra, so ripping off your bra won't be the first thing on your mind the minute you walk through the door.