Monday, December 16, 2013

Mississippi Road Trip Memphis pt. 2 Graceland: All the rest

Graceland is way more than just a house. After you tour the actual home there are several building on the property filled with memorabilia and then even more exhibits with cars, jumpsuits (oh the jumpsuits!), planes and more. It's truly an experience. Anyway here's a peek of all the stuff outside of the main house.




The Office: I believe Elvis' dad was his manager and this building was sort of Elvis Inc.  for most of his life. You can see the old office set up and a lot of cool fan art.






Check out the awesome lamp that you can't really see but was awesome.





Memorabilia Rooms:

This was the coolest display, I was salivating over all the cool Elvis memorabilia. How awesome would it be to come across some of that stuff! I wants it, I wants it all!


So. many. records.


Priscilla's wedding dress

details of the dress

Elvis' tux. Yes that is a paisley printed tux, how awesome is that!?!?

blurry details






  Den(ish) Room: 



Beginning of the Jumpsuits: 








Presley Family Graves:  Elvis, his father, grandmother, and mother are all buried here. There is also a small plaque in remembrance of  his twin brother who died soon after birth, he's not actually buried there though. I had no idea Elvis was a twin. All the flower arrangements are sent in by fans and put around the graves.





The Cars: 



Though cool this thing was HUGE! I don't understand how people parked in the 50's and 60's.


More Jumpsuits!!!






The Planes! Elvis had two private planes and both are amazing. Although I have to admit the smaller one with the colorful interior is my fave. On the headset it said one year for Christmas he and his family got on the plane and went somewhere (Colorado I think) so Lisa Marie could have fun in the snow and then flew back, sounds liked the perfect way to enjoy snow to me.

The Lisa Marie:




Yes all the furniture is covered in plastic like your grandma's house. It's to protect the furniture and actually kind of adds an extra kitschy element to the whole experience.








The Little Plane (I forgot it's name): Aka the coolest plane ever!








After visiting Graceland I had a serious desire to buy a jumpsuit, I wonder why... That Man seriously loved a jumpsuit and they are pretty awesome. Anyway Graceland was sooo much fun. I'm not a huge Elvis fan but it was amazingly cool to see it, it's the King in all his glory and it's totally worth a trip. If you're ever in or near Memphis you should put it on your list of must see places.

No comments:

Post a Comment