Saturday, December 22, 2012

Birthdays are Betta in Leatha







Shirt: Macys  Skirt: ASOS  Tights: Target  Shoes: gifted Earrings: PLNDR

        So a little over a month ago (November 16th) I turned the ripe old age of 25. It feels good to be 25 but also a bit odd since I'm now a mere 5 years away from 30, whaa? As you know, I've been lusting over leather skirts since the beginning of fall. Asos had a pleated leather skirt in it's main range that I fell in love with but at $150 or so dollars I just couldn't bring myself to buy it. By the time I figured I could take the plunge the skirt sold out in black and was only available in navy. I like the leather skirt trend, but I just can't spend 150 dollars on colored leather.
      So in late October I decided to get an asos faux leather skirt that was only 50 dollars as a birthday present to myself. Then Hurricain sandy hit and my package never made it to my house. Asos e-mailed me and said that due to the hurricain they had to send all the packages from their NY shipper back to the UK to inspect the packages and see if they're able to send them or not. My package was  a total goner. Luckily at that same time Asos curve put up the exact same skirt I had been lusting over earlier in the fall in their range and I just so happened to have a 25% off code, so I decided to go ahead and splurge on the more expensive skirt.
      And I have to say I LOVE this skirt. It's amazing! I'm soo happy with it and so glad I got to spend my first night as a 25 year old in this fabulous skirt. Also it's real leather (thus the higher price tag), I just love it so. I would have worn it with these cute black booties I bought earlier that day but was worried about my feet giving out halfway through the night, as they have a bit of a heel.  I totally forgot about my knee high flat black boots, so I opted for my trusted  brown flat ones instead. I'm not in love with this outfit and am seriously looking for better tops to pair with this skirt. I should be wearing this skirt again soon and will hopefully come up with something I'm more in love with.  Anyway I wore this out on my birthday to go watch Drag Queens and dance like a drunken maniac, it was so much fun y'all. 25 will definitely be full of a lot more dancing, I guarantee it.

Ps. Anyone else read leather in the voice of stella from project runway? I. Can't. Stop. Doing. It. Observe:

No comments:

Post a Comment