Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Memorable Olympic Moments, so far

Sorry for the continued blog absence, I've been super busy and not wearing anything interesting. So since I have nothing else to blog about, I figured I'd share the most memorable moments on the other thing that I've been doing instead of blogging, watching the Olympics. So here's a round up of the most memorable moments of 2012 London Olympics (in my opinion) so far.  (warning most of these are pretty team-USA centric)

Source

1. Opening Ceremony. London 2012 had the incredibly difficult task of following the Beijing opening ceremony, probably one of the best in recent history. Honestly the opening ceremony was just OK for me. Though I was happy to see a multiracial family, during the British music segment, that doesn't happen as often as you'd think. I was kind of hoping for a spice girl cameo during the music part but got over the lack of spice girl-ness when they showed Amy Winehouse. The Queen/ James bond video was pretty sweet too.
source

2. Jordyn Wieber doesn't make all-around. My heart broke for Jordyn when a few points kept her from even being able to compete for all-around gold. I suppose that's the olympics but they should really re-think that rule since the 4th best gymnast (in the qualifying) and reining world champion isn't able to compete because she's on a strong team and made some minor mistakes. phooey. No images because it's just too sad to show again.

3. U.S. Men disappoint. I had high hopes for the U.S. men's team and could barely watch as mistake after mistake slowly crushed their Olympic medal dreams. Hopefully some of the members of this relatively young team will be able to comeback in 2016, but it's just heartbreaking to watch. I was almost glad they stopped showing them after the vault as it was just so painful. Though I still think we should have seen the rest of their events. Way to cheer on the home team, NBC.

4. Ryan Lochte's grill. I mean really Lochte? really? 2004 called they want their trend back. Also this article pretty much sums up all my feelings on Lochte.

source
5. Mckayla Maroney's jaw-dropping vault.






literally jaw dropping
Source


6.  US women's Gymnastics team gold medal. nuff said.

Source



7. Aliya Mustafina's eye makeup. Is it heavy? maybe. But I have to admit I kind of love it. Not too sure about the glitter hair though.

Source


8. Gabby Douglas Wins GOLD and is the first African American woman to win the all-around!!!!! whoot!

source
9. Phelps wins 22nd medal, ends swimming career.

source

10. Very formal track and field officials. If you ever watch the track and field events all the officials on the field are always in grey dress pants and blazers. Every time I see them I think they should also be wearing top hats and manacles. They just look so out of place compared to all the athletes in their colorful uniforms, I suppose that's the point.


11. Interesting track intros. The Jamaicans also win gold in intro creativity.








Source

12. Usain bolt is still the fastest man in the world.
Source
13. Serena wins gold!

source
14.  Oscar Pistorius becomes the first double amputee to compete in the Olympics.

source

So what are your favorite moments of the London 2012 games so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment