Thursday, August 23, 2012

Fall Wishlist

Fall Wishlist

Can you believe it's almost September? seems like summer just flew by. As sad as I am to see the warm weather slowly fade I am excited for a new season. This season has me particularly excited as many of it's trends are a bit edgier and things I wouldn't normally wear but have always wanted to add an element of to my wardrobe. Below are the four trends I'm obsessed with this season:

1. Leather Skirts: I've been kind of obsessed with leather this season and it all started when I saw a leather skirt on Asos. The Asos one is currently out in black and is a tad expensive so I'm toying with the idea of getting one from leathercult.com or going the affordable route and getting a faux leather skirt from somewhere. I'm leaning towards the former, but we'll see. I love the look of the pleated skirt as well as the pencil skirt. I think a leather pencil skirt could be easily thrifted so I'm keeping a look out for those in the thrifts, but I'm more skeptical about the pleated version that i'm obsessed with so I may buy one new.

2. Chunky Knits: I'm currently in love of the look of oversized knits with skinny pants. I already have some cardigans and sweaters I know will work well with this trend. Luckily this is also a super easy trend to thrift. So, I've been searching the thrift stores for some and know i'll find some great sweaters soon.

3. Lady Blouses: I've never really been one for blouses, but I'm kind of in love with them now. They work well with pants and skirts and sort of bring a aire of sophistication to any look (in my opinon). I have a few blouses I've thrifted that will work for this trend, will keep looking for blouses at thrift stores, and may buy a few new ones as well.

4. Skinny Pants: After a season of flouncy skirts and dresses I find myself craving structure and pants. I love these skinny trousers that are hot this season. I love the more modern twist on a wardrobe staple and plan to add a few to my wardrobe.This is harder to thrift so I think I'll end up buying most of these new.

No comments:

Post a Comment