Monday, May 21, 2012

Gwynnie Style


Inspiration
Today I'm trying something different and linking up with the lovely ladies at Two Birds and their inspiration monday feature. Basically every week they post a photo of a celebrity and then style an outfit inspired by the photo. This week's inspiration is a casual yet chic Gwyneth Paltrow. 

My interpretation

ignore the mess in our backyard we're in the process of moving things around/ spring cleaning


Sweater: ASOS  Dress worn as skirt & Tights: Target  Boots: Gifted


Gwyneth's dress (skirt?) reminded me of a target dress I got a couple years ago so I wore that as a skirt and paired it with this light pink kitty sweater I got from ASOS.  I liked it because the cat on the sweater looks my cat Tang. I decided to forgo the necklace since the sweater I chose had an image on the front and a necklace would look a bit too busy. I probably could have added a few other accessories but I was in a rush when I left the house and didn't have any time to grab any.
     Since Friday and Saturday were incredibly hot I was afraid this look would be a bit too warm.. Luckily by Sunday, after a Saturday rain/hail storm, the temperature had cooled and I had to add tights. I actually really like this outfit. I would have never put it together by myself but I like it and would wear it again. In case you were wondering the random white dog in my gif is a friends dog we're watching while he moves. His name is Famous and he's a white German Shepard. I took my pictures outsides so I could throw the ball/spend some time with him and try out a new picture location. I think he thought all the jumping was a little cooky but he's a good sport.

7 comments:

  1. you look fantastic! i love the sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha how funny, I also wore a kitty jumper over the top of a floral dress for this link-up! Yours is soo cute! I love the animated shots by the way! Brilliant! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay for kitty sweaters! great minds think alike I guess ;). nice to meet you too.

      Delete
  3. I love the floral print on your dress and it is a great interpretation of this week's outfit. I have never heard of a white German Shepard dog. They must be rare! He's so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!I hadn't heard of white german shepards either until famous. He's a good dog but he's huge.

      Delete
  4. I love this! I have two black kitties at home and would totally rock a sweater like this! Love your floral skirt too!

    Nice to "meet" you - I'm a MN girl too!

    ReplyDelete