Thursday, June 30, 2011

Black Cat Lies and Love

Starting a blog I feel like the first post should be some all encompassing this-is-what-the-blog-will-be manifesto type post. The problem? I'm not really sure where I want this blog to go or what it'll evolve into. I was inspired to start a blog almost two years ago when I stumbled upon the world of fashion/fatshion blogs and decided "hey I could do that!". But I know I wouldn't be able to maintain a blog on fashion alone. This blog will be a chaotic mix of fashion, home decor, thrift and vintage finds, beauty stuff (mostly hair related) and other assorted randomness posted on the Internet for all the world to see. I'm excited to see how this blog will evolve and change along this little journey and hope you'll stick around for the ride!

That said I still have a little splainin' to do. I assume you may be wondering about the name of this here blog, well I'll explain.  After months and months of trying to figure out a good blog name (that was also available through blogger) I was reminded of a random truth or dare choice that was in an extended truth or dare game I used to play at many a sleepover in 5th Grade. Instead of just truth or dare four more categories were added so it ended up being "Truth, dare, double dare, promise to repeat, black cat lies or love." I never really understood the point of extended truth or dare but it was fun to say so I stuck with it. No one ever really picked anything beyond "promise to repeat" and I don't think anyone really knew what "Black cat lies" meant or what you were supposed to do if anyone picked it. Anyway I thought "black cat lies" was kind of a fun name for a blog, and it was still available on blogger, so I ran with it. So welcome to Black Cat Lies! Finally, since I don't want my first post to be text only here are some random/slightly creepy photos I took of a black cat bubble bath container my mom bought a couple years ago. I figured I might be able to work the cat into the blog, but since I haven't completely figured out how to do that you'll just have to enjoy these snippets.





 





No comments:

Post a Comment